Last Eye Exam Was How Long Ago?
When was your child’s last eye exam? Untreated vision problems can greatly affect a child’s academic performance, as 80% of learning is done through the eyes.
Doctors recommend a full optometric eye exam at least every two years to catch any developing issues quickly. School vision tests are not as thorough, so don’t rely solely on them.
What are some symptoms of common eyesight problems in children?
Your child may be having vision problems if he:
– Avoids visual tasks such as reading
– Performs visual tasks with reduced understanding and speed
– Holds books close to his face
– Rubs his eyes and blinks a lot
– Covers an eye to perform said visual tasks
– Experiences double vision
– Experiences headaches or fatigue
For more information, read the full article here.